Friday School is a parent-led home school co-op serving children from birth-12th grade. We meet Friday mornings in Abilene, TX for 11 weeks each semester (fall and spring). Students K-12th grade have three class periods taught by parents who set the fees as low as possible to cover the costs of the class. Class selection varies depending on what parents are willing to teach. Join us for fun, fellowship, and friends! Find us on Facebook under Friday Homeschool Co-op in Abilene, TX.
Enrollment has begun for the Spring 2012 semester!
WHAT IS Friday School? Friday School is a parent-led home school co-op serving children from birth to 12th grade. We meet on Fridays from 8:45-12:00 at First Baptist Church for about 12 weeks each semester (fall and spring). Students in kindergarten and up have three class periods. All classes are taught by parents who set the fees as low as possible to cover the costs of the class materials/supplies. Class selection varies depending on what parents are willing to teach. Join us for fun, fellowship, and friends!
Important SPRING Dates
All forms are due by December 11th, including payment. Your children WILL NOT be registered for classes until enrollment and all class fees are paid. If you have a question about whether or not a class is full before paying, you may email or call us to check.
Class space is limited! It is first-come, first-served, even for teachers' children.
Spring Semester will be January 6 - March 30, 2012. (We will take off for spring break March 16.) Note: We will cancel if Abilene ISD cancels or delays because of inclement weather. Classes will be held for 11 weeks, so if we do not take off for inclement weather, we will have other activities on the last day.
1. Contact FridaySchoolAbilene@gmail.com and request the enrollment packet. 2. Read Handbook and Statement of Faith (updated July 2011 -- reread even if returning)
3. Complete Family Enrollment Form, including the Handbook Agreement (must be completed and initialed/signed by parent and all middle/high school students -- even if returning!)
4. Complete Family Preference Sheet
5. Complete MS Study Hall, HS Study/Serve, or Biology CONTRACT (if selected as any class preferences)
6. Pay Family Enrollment Fee of $20 ($15 for lead teachers) AND CLASS Fees.
7. DROP-OFF all of the above to one of the locations given in the email.
After ALL forms and fees are received, your enrollment is complete.